Colleen Hochberg is Vice President and General Manager - Greetings Innovation and Segments for Hallmark Cards and a member of the CEF Board of Directors.
There are a lot of things that I appreciate about the city I have called home for most of my life. Some of my highlights include:
- Watching the KC skyline and landmarks evolve and change over the almost 18 years that I have been commuting downtown from Olathe. Some of my favorites are the addition of the Kauffman Center, the choreographed fountain in front of Union Station, and the Roasterie’s airplane.
- The amazing Catholic community and my extended family that covers the city. Between my 27 aunts and uncles and 40 first cousins, someone from my family has attended just about every Catholic high school in the KC metro area. If you are Catholic in Kansas City, you likely know one of them. I love how “small” the KC Catholic community feels and the support it gives.
- The sports teams: once an athlete, always an athlete! How fun has it been to watch Sporting KC grow, the Royals win the World Series and now THE CHIEFS. I also have a special place in my heart for Saints Volleyball as a former player and coach!
- The arts scene: 18 years at Hallmark has given me a true appreciation for art of all kinds. I work with some of the most talented people in the world and get to walk the halls daily surrounded by one of the best corporate art collections in the country. I am also proud of all the positive impact Hallmark has on the local arts community.
If you appreciate any or all of the same things I encourage you to join me Thursday, Feb 28, 6:30 to 9:30 pm at Boulevard Brewery for the Catholic Education Foundation’s Art Event hosted by the CEF Futures, where all those things come together! All proceeds benefit the CEF Guardian Angel Fund, which provides emergency scholarships at 22 Catholic schools when families face an unexpected financial crisis (job loss, medical emergency, etc).
- It will be a fun evening supporting Kansas Catholic schools and families in need with many others from the amazing Kansas City Catholic community! Some of the art pieces have been created by our students, including the portrait of Jesus above.
- Professional art is available in a silent auction and student art will be raffled off. Some pieces feature KC sports teams, including a lighted Chiefs sign and a piece from a local Hallmark artist @whitewoodcanvas (above, bottom right).
- You will enjoy the KC skyline view from Boulevard’s top floor patio, and KC skyline art pieces will be available to bid on!
I hope you will join us! Tickets include appetizers, Boulevard drinks, dessert, and a souvenir pint glass, and can be purchased here individually or via sponsorships: https://www.cefks.org/events/art-event-2019