Kansas Tax Credit for Low-Income Student Scholarships Program
In 2014, the Kansas Legislature introduced the Tax Credit for Low Income Student Scholarship Program (HB2506). It went into effect on January 1, 2015. This program provides low-income families the opportunity to choose a private education that they might not otherwise be able to afford.
- National School Choice programs empower parents to select the school that best fits their child’s needs so they can excel.
- The SGO will administer educational scholarships to qualified students to cover a portion of the costs for tuition, fees, and expenses.
- Eligible business donors can contribute to a registered SGO and in turn receive a tax credit for their contributions.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CATHOLIC EDUCATION FOR YOUR CHILD?
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
Why a Catholic education?
- Our schools provide an opportunity for students to receive a faith-filled, quality education where they can develop their God-given talents.
- We are joyfully Catholic, diligently achieving, intentionally self-giving, forwardly thinking, and prudently managed.
- All schools are accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education and by the AdvancEd International accrediting agency.
How does my child qualify for the Tax Credit Scholarship program?
- Must reside in the state of Kansas AND
- Qualify for the Government’s Free Lunch program AND
- Be enrolled in a Title 1 Focus or Priority public school the previous school year OR be eligible to enroll if under the age of 6. High School students must be an incoming freshman currently attending a Title 1 Focus or Priority School.
How do I apply?
- Please contact the Catholic School of interest to learn more about the Catholic School mission, admission requirements, this program, and other financial assistance opportunities.
- The 2017-2018 Tax Credit Scholarship application deadline is April 7, 2017. (Please note CEF may close the application date earlier due to the volume of applications received).
It’s a win-win business proposition!
Make a student’s dream a reality and earn a 70% tax credit.
PROSPECTIVE BUSINESS DONORS
- C-Corporations filing a corporate income tax return
- Financial institutions filing a privilege tax return
- Companies filing an insurance premium tax statement
How does the credit work?
- The credit is equal to 70% of the contribution made to a SGO during the taxable year.
- The credit will be claimed and deducted from the taxpayer’s tax liability during the tax year in which the approved contribution was made. The SGO will provide the Tax Credit certificate to donors from the Department of Revenue.
- The credits roll over if not used in totality and do not expire.
Why should my business participate?
- CEF is a well-respected, successful scholarship organization with more than 19 years of experience.
- We prudently manage all contributions and are transparent with our donors. You can be confident that your investment will be efficiently managed.
- We can’t do our work without you! The return on your investment is helping children eradicate the cycle of poverty they are currently facing. Your support will change the lives of students-education is their key to a successful future.
Your investment will lead to a lifetime of opportunities for our students, families, communities and beyond.
Adrienne Runnebaum, Director of Tax Credits
firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.721.1572
William W. Kirk, Executive Director
email@example.com or 913.647.0383