Donate to CEF and get a 70% state tax credit*.

Your qualified donation* to the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) will provide you with a 70% Kansas state tax credit, lowering the amount of your state tax liability 70 cents on the dollar.  

Your donation will be used to provide tax credit scholarships to eligible low-income children to attend K-12 Catholic schools through the Kansas Tax Credit for Low Income Student Scholarship Program.

 *Certain donation qualifications exist; please contact CEF's Tax Credit Office for details.

Who is eligible to receive the state tax credit?

The tax credit scholarship program allows individuals, couples filing jointly, corporations and pass-through entities to reduce or eliminate their Kansas state income tax liability with a donation of up to $500,000 to CEF.  

In addition, banks that pay privilege taxes and insurance companies that pay premium taxes are eligible.

The KS tax credits can only be issued for the year in which the contribution is made. These state tax credits do not expire and can be rolled over into future years if not used in totality in the year they were issued.

Learn more about tax credits for businesses

Learn more about tax credits for individuals

2021 Kansas Income Tax Credits are available for a limited time. Please contact Libby Knox, CEF Director of Development, at [email protected] or call (913) 721-1572.


Why a tax credit is better than a tax deduction

Tax credits are superior to tax deductions because tax credits reduce your overall tax liability. Deductions reduce your taxable income, which has a lesser impact on your overall tax liability.

With qualified donations to CEF’s tax credit scholarship program, you can receive a state tax credit of 70% and be able to deduct the remaining 30% on your federal income tax return. This combination may allow you to recoup more than 75% of your donation through state tax credits and federal deductions.** (See example tax savings scenarios here.)

** Note that there are a number of taxpayer-specific factors that could impact these results. The Catholic Education Foundation does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. Any illustrative material is prepared for information purposes only. Potential donors should consult their own tax, legal and accounting advisors.

Catholic schools provide a good ROI on your investment

Since the program's inception, students on CEF Tax Credit Scholarships have a 100% rate of graduation from high school. The program is transforming the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged students each year, compared to 77% for their peers attending neighborhood schools. As a donor, you have the ability to transform the lives of students who would not otherwise be able to afford tuition at a Catholic school. For students who are struggling in school or whose families seek an alternative to help them succeed academically, these scholarships can be life-changing.


See the impact of school choice through the story of one family whose lives have been changed by scholarships through the Kansas tax credit program.


Meet another CEF tax credit scholarship recipient and her family

CEF is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and Kansas state-approved scholarship granting organization.


Put Catholic education within reach of every student.


Newsletter Signup

New site